Audit Data Sources
In the Fabasoft Folio object model, audit information is stored in objects of the object class Audit Log (COOSYSTEM@1.1:AuditLog) per default.
Alternatively, own data sources can be configured for storing audit information. Using dedicated audit databases, audit information is written directly to a database by the Fabasoft Folio Kernel. So the Fabasoft Folio Kernel has to be able to connect to the audit database via network.
The data sources to be used (Service Data Source, COOSYSTEM@1.1:ServiceDataSource) have to be entered in the Audit Data Sources (COOSYSTEM@1.1:domainauditdatasource) property of the Current Domain.
Examples of Data Sources:
- ”Microsoft SQL Server“ Data Source
- “Oracle Database“ Data Source
- “PostgreSQL“ Data Source
- The use of a dedicated audit database should be preferred due to performance benefits.
- To make the audit log highly available it is necessary to configure several data bases in the Current Domain. If writing audit information fails on one data source, an automatic failover to another data source is performed.
- If no audit log data source is configured, all audit log entries are written to an audit log object. When the first audit log entry is written to an audit log object, this audit log object is automatically assigned to the COOSYSTEM@1.1:objauditlogobj property of the object. For this procedure, the object has to be locked. If it is not possible, to lock the object, the transaction fails. To avoid this problem, make sure that for each created object an audit log object is created and assigned. This can be done using an audit log configuration for COOSYSTEM@1.1:objcreatedat.