For the acquisition of many records, it is important to perform appropriate optimizations to ensure adequate performance.
The following configuration options (see chapter “Configuration of the Data Import“) influence the performance of Fabasoft Folio/COLD:
In addition, a kernel trace can bring information about performance problems.
The client can be optimized by the following parameters:
- Sufficient client cache
- Appropriate bandwidth for network connectivity
- A powerful CPU instead of multiple weaker CPUs
- Distribute parallel loaders on multiple clients (Fabasoft Folio kernel)
The performance monitor can bring information about performance bottlenecks. Creating data base tables in the mentioned cases leads to a performance enhancement.
- Performance monitor (eventual adaption of client cache, optimizing the number of threads)
- COO-COOService\% Cache Hit Rate
- COO-COOService\% Cache Used
- COO-RPCs\Allocated Threads
- Table definition for services
- Define tables before loading data
- For properties that are used for finding, an index should be created.
- Performance monitor (identify bottlenecks)
- % Disk Time
- Disk Queue Length
- Disk Read Bytes/s
- Disk Write Bytes/s
- Use RAID-1/10
- Usually RAID-5 is slower to write
- Enter the following values to the registry under HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Filesystem (boot after changing):
Data Base System
- Optimize indexes
- As few additional indexes
- Create indexes for searching
- Update statistics
- Recovery mode: simple/full (use “Simple” for initial load)
- Avoid automatic grow/shrink
- Device placement