Fabasoft Folio Web Services
For proper licensing of a user, the user has to be authenticated by the Fabasoft Folio web service of the main domain. If Fabasoft Folio web services are used in the further Fabasoft Folio domains that delegation must be enabled for these.
Necessary configuration settings on the “Microsoft Windows Active Directory” domain controller:
- Click “Start” > “Administrative Tools” > “Active Directory Users and Computers”.
- Navigate to the “Users” folder of the corresponding Microsoft Windows domain.
- Open the properties of the user account that is used for running the Fabasoft Folio web services and the application pool.
- On the “Delegation” tab, select Trust this user for delegation to any service (Kerberos only).
Then the “Service Principal Name” for the user under which the Fabasoft Folio web services are running has to be set. This determines that this user may be used as a service user on the specified computers.
- On the “Microsoft Windows Active Directory” domain controller install the setspn.exe command line tool.
- Enter in the command line the following command, where FQDNServerMachine is the fully qualified domain name of the computer where the Fabasoft Folio web services are installed. ServiceUser is the Microsoft Windows domain user account.
- setspn.exe –A HTTP/<FQDNServerMachine> <ServiceUser>
Note: The fully qualified domain name of the computer has to be used, not the NetBIOS name.
Fabasoft Folio Domain With the Imported Licenses of All Users (Main Domain)
In the COOSWCLMD@1.1:LicensingConfig configuration object of the main domain is determined, which Fabasoft Folio domains and Fabasoft Folio clients are allowed to read license information from this Fabasoft Folio domain.
- In the Domain Administration click "Configuration Objects" and edit the properties of the COOSWCLMD@1.1:LicensingConfig configuration object.
- Let the URL of Licensing Service area empty. In the Licensed Domains box, enter all Fabasoft Folio domain IDs which are intended for the cross-domain license check, except the main domain. Additionally a locally created software component has to be specified, so that the settings will not be lost by an update.
Note: All Fabasoft Folio users in the network of the cross-domain license check also have to be created in the main domain as a User.
Other Fabasoft Folio Domains
When in the COOSWCLMD@1.1:LicensingConfig configuration object of a Fabasoft Folio domain a URL of Licensing Service is entered, the mechanism of the cross-domain license check is used.
- Enter in the URL of Licensing Service box the URL of a Fabasoft Folio web service of the main domain. Additionally a locally created software component has to be specified, so that the settings will not be lost by an update.
- For a user, on the “Advanced” tab, using the Check License Locally option can be defined, if for this user a local license check is done. Result, this user can log in, even if the cross-domain license check is not available. For this purpose, a local valid license must be available. This setting should be made for the system administrator to allow access to the system in an emergency.