Example: Capture of Generic Contents
This example shows how to create generic contents and transfer those into Fabasoft Folio by using the integration of Kofax Capture.
Create a New Batch Class
To create a new batch class, perform the following steps:
- In the administration tool of Kofax Capture click the Kofax button and execute the “Create Batch Class” command.
- In the following dialog the “Name” and a “Description” for the new batch class can be defined.
Note: The path for the “Image folder” has to be equal for all scan stations.
- Click the “Queues” tab and select the “Scan” and the “Export” entries in the “Available Queues” field. Click “Add” to add these queues to the “Selected Queues” field.
For this batch class the queues “Scan” and “Export” are selected.
- Click “OK”.
Create a New Document Class
To create a new document class, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the newly created batch class and click “New Document Class”.
- In the following dialog the “Name” and a “Description” for the new document class can be defined.
- Click “OK”.
Create a New Form Type
To create a new form type, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the newly created document class and click “New Form Type”.
- In the following dialog the “Name” and a “Description” for the new form type can be defined.
- Click “OK”.
Define and Configure the Export Connector
To define and configure the export connector, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the newly created document class and click “Export Connectors”.
- Select “Fabasoft Folio” in the “Available Export Connectors” field and click “Add” to add this export connector to the “Assigned Export Connectors” field.
- An authentication of the user is performed in Fabasoft Folio.
Note: The information for a connection to a Fabasoft Folio Web Service is read out form the Microsoft Windows Registry. Make sure, the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fabasoft\StubManager entry is available. This entry is created by the Fabasoft Folio Client when opening a content object.
- After a successful log-in the following properties can be defined on the “Release Definition” tab.
- Server URL
In this field the URL of the Fabasoft Folio Web Service is defined (i.e. http://<computername><virtualdirectory>)
In this field a Fabasoft app.ducx Expression is defined that has to provide an object. Using this Fabasoft app.ducx Expression an already existing object can be established or a new object can be created. The global scope of the expression’s evaluation contains a DICTIONARY with index values (rawvalues), whereby an identifier (key) is assigned to a value (value). Values are defined, e.g. in form of index fields of the document class.
Note: For capturing of generic contents the object class Content (GENCONT@1.1:ContentObject) can be used. Using the following expression a new object of this object class is created: #GENCONT@1.1:ContentObject.COOSYSTEM@1.1:ObjectCreate()
In this field links can be defined. Thereby variables, values or indices are assigned to properties of the created or determined object in Fabasoft Folio.
Note: Ensure that each link works independently of the link order. The execution sequence may change arbitrarily.
For the definition of these links Fabasoft app.ducx Expressions are used. For evaluating these expressions, the following values are available in the global scope:
- srcvalue (Value based on Index, Batch, Batch variable or Constant, this value is always a STRING)
- value (converted value after Value (Manipulation), if this is defined).
- The following fields are available in the Links field, when creating a new entry:
In this field a Fabasoft app.ducx Expression is defined, which e.g. provides a property of the newly created or determined object in Fabasoft Folio, in which a value should be saved.
::value is calculated of Index, Batch, Batch variable or Constant, depends on the definition. ::value is the converted value of ::srcvalue. If no conversion is defined ::value is the same as::srcvalue.
- Value (Manipulation)
In this field an optional Fabasoft app.ducx Expression can be defined, which converts/manipulates ::value.
In this field a defined index value is entered. This value is defined in the properties of a document class in Kofax Capture in the Index Fields field.
In this field a batch value can be defined. This value is defined in the properties of a batch class in Kofax Capture in the Batch Fields field.
- Batch Variable
In this field a predefined batch variable can be entered.
This field is used for defining any constant.
In this field initialization values for the created or determined object can be defined.
In this field a Fabasoft app.ducx Expression can be defined that evaluates whether additional actions should take place with the created or determined object.
- Click the “Contents” tab. The following properties can be defined:
- Image Type
Select the desired image type. For example “Multipage TIFF – CCITT Group 4”.
- Content Property Path (Image)
In this field you have to select the property, which specifies the content of the image. For example select the “File” property.
- Click “Next” to save the settings. The configuration of the export connector is now completed.
Note: To adjust or change these settings, select the export connector in the field of the assigned export connectors and click “Setup”.
Publish a Batch Class
To publish a batch class, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the created batch class and click “Publish”.
- Click “Validate” to test the integrity of the batch class.
- Completing the validation without errors, the batch class can be approved for use. Click “Publish”.
Note: A published batch class is marked by a changed icon. When changing the batch class again, another publishing process is necessary.
Close the administration tool of Kofax Capture.
Create and Process a New Batch
The published batch class can be used for creating new batch tasks. Therefore perform the following steps:
- Execute the command “Start” > “All Programs” > “Kofax Capture 10.0” > “Batch Manager”.
- Click the Kofax button and click “Create Batch”.
- In this dialog the Name field of the new batch is predefined with the current time. The name of the batch can be changed. In the Description field a description for the new batch can be entered.
- Click “Save”.
- Click “Close”. The newly created batch has been added to the batch manager.
To process the new batch, perform the following steps:
- Click the Kofax button and click “Process Batch”. First the “Scan” program is opened, because when creating the batch class two queues have been defined (“Scan” and “Export”).
- In the Source field select the scanner. Select the “Software Import” entry, for importing already scanned documents that are stored in the file system.
- Click “Scan All”, to initialize the scan process.
- The documents are viewed after the scanning process.
- The scanned documents have to be prepared for the export. Right-click the images and click “Create Document”.
Note: The command can be executed for multiple images at the same time or for each image separately. So the scanned documents can be grouped into more batches. For each batch an object is created in Fabasoft Folio.
In this example all pages are stored in one document:
- Click “Close”, to complete the scanning process. Click “Yes” to confirm the dialog.
In the batch manager the batch is ready for the second step: the export. To continue with the export, perform the following steps:
- On the Kofax button click “Process Batch”.
- An authentication of the user is performed in Fabasoft Folio. The export occurs according to the configuration in the export connector (see chapter “Define and Configure the Export Connector”).