Fabasoft Folio 2020
Find out more about new features and improvements of Fabasoft Folio 2020. Unless otherwise stated the described features and improvements are available in following editions:
- Fabasoft Folio Enterprise
- Fabasoft Folio Compliance
- Fabasoft Folio Governance
The workflow provides following new features:
- The applicability of BPMN processes can be defined by the following two additional properties:
- The Expression for Determining the Visibility property defines an app.ducx expression that determines whether the process is offered for selection when a process is started.
- The Expression for Determining the Usability property defines an app.ducx expression that determines whether the process can be started. This allows, for example, to check preconditions that must be fulfilled before the process can be started.
- For BPMN processes, the pool property Expressions for Initializations allows you to define general initializations and global process parameters.
- The global process parameters can be used in all app.ducx expressions in the workflow context.
- GetNextActivityInstances can be used to determine the following activity in app.ducx expressions. HasValidParticipant can be used to check the validity of the participant.
- In tasks and activities the Started Activity Remain in All Worklists field can be used to define whether the corresponding activity is removed from the worklists of the additional affected participants when the activity is started.
- In tasks and activities the Skip Invalid Participant field can be used to define whether the activity is skipped for an invalid participant (e.g. inactive user, missing license).
- In tasks and activities the Display Activity Only if the Participant Has Access to Affected Object field can be used to define whether the activity is only displayed in the worklist if the participant has at least read rights to the affected object of the process.
- The “Open Content” work step is now also available for all activities in which the “Open” step opens the two-part view. This means that the document can also be opened directly in the corresponding third-party product.
- The activities “Forward for Approval” (only BPMN processes), “Close” and “Release and Close” are additionally available.
- The visual representation of aborted processes has been improved. Thus, the status is immediately visible.
- The remarks of the signatures are displayed more prominently in the context of the workflow by corresponding predefined column settings.
- The forms for tasks and activities in the BPMN process editor have been revised.
- If an activity that has already been completed is opened, for example via a link in an e-mail, a corresponding message is displayed and the affected object is opened instead of the activity.
- Working with work steps is facilitated by symbols and improved status descriptions:
- Work step has not yet been executed: no status text
- Work step has already been executed: (repeat)
- Work step could only be carried out once: (executed)
- Mandatory work step has not yet been executed: (to do)
- Work step is not yet executable: (not executable)
- Mandatory work step that cannot yet be executed: (to do, not executable)
- The names of activities and work steps were consolidated.
- For objects that are in the worklist, the work steps are also available in the object actions. Conversely, the standard actions of the concerned object are also available in the actions of the activity.
- If you assign or change your own names for process elements in the BPMN editor, these are saved in the current user language. For users with different language settings, you can store the translated names on the “Translations” tab. In this way, the name is displayed in the BPMN editor and also in the worklist according to the language settings of the respective user.
- The dialog for ad hoc processes has been revised. In the left-hand area, you can define the activity and optionally define your own display name for the activity. You can define the participants in the right-hand area.
Using the “Show Deadlines” button, you can define time limits for the ad hoc process.
In the lower area you will find the process diagram. You can use the “Apply” button to define several activities. You can determine the position in the process using the plus symbols.
- The new abstract participant “Property of the File of the Object” is available in the workflow. The participant can thus also be determined using properties of the object's file.
- To make it easier to terminate processes that are no longer relevant, the “Change State” button is available for the respective object on the “Processes” tab in the complete view of the process. This allows you to change the state to “In Progress”, “Suspended”, “Completed” or “Aborted”.
Fabasoft Folio offers user-based substitution in addition to role-based substitution. This can be enabled in the workflow configuration on the “Activities” tab in the Workflow Substitution field. The substitutes receive all activities of the user they substitute within the defined period of time. Objects to which the substitute has no access are filtered.
The substitute can be defined in the worklist via the “Define Substitutes” action. Alternatively, the substitution can also be defined via “account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “Workflow” > “Substitutes” tab.
For substitutes, the activities in the worklist are made available on the “To Do as Substitute” or “Suspended/Pending as Substitute" tabs.
In the process statistics, the activities with participants without access rights are summarized in a separate widget.
Note: The use of role-based and user-based substitution together is not supported.
The following improvements make the daily work with Fabasoft Folio easier.
With the help of a device binding, you can remain permanently logged in to the Fabasoft Folio App. This is especially useful if you are on the move and your IP address changes frequently.
Fabasoft Folio App
When logging in to the Folio App, you need to set up a code lock. If you wish, you can also enable authentication methods such as Touch ID or Face ID to unlock the app, depending on the device you are using.
Once you have logged in to Fabasoft Folio, you remain logged in until you explicitly log out again.
In the settings of the Folio App you can manage the code lock and the alternative authentication methods.
Logging off devices via the web client
Under “Account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “Devices” you can manage your permanently logged in devices and log out a device if necessary. The next time you use Fabasoft Folio on the corresponding device, you will be prompted to log in again.
You can manage follow-ups in the follow-ups dashboard. The dashboard is divided into the following areas:
Shows all follow-ups of the “My Follow-Ups” list.
- My Follow-Ups
Shows the follow-ups that were created by you or in which you are entered as recipient. You can also store other follow-ups by yourself. You can use the “Settings” action to adjust the filter criteria and to find the CalDAV URL, which you can use to integrate your follow-ups as a calendar in Microsoft Outlook, for example.
- Further Follow-Ups
Shows follow-ups determined by you. You can define the search criteria using the “Determine Follow-Ups” action.
Note: If applicable, you can enter a reason for a follow-up. The text is displayed as a suffix of the follow-up name and calendar event.
For categories, background tasks can be defined that are executed at a definable point in time.
An action can be executed at an explicit time or at a time based on a base date. Optionally, the execution date can be redefined if the base date is changed.
It is also possible to repeat background tasks. The following cases can be distinguished.
Explicit date or date is not recalculated when the base date is changed
You can define a repetition rule that is applied starting with the execution time.
Defines the interval between the repetitions (number).
Defines the unit of the interval (e.g. day or month).
- Repeat Until
Defines the end time of the repetitions (infinite, explicit date, date value of a property).
Date is recalculated when the base date is changed
The background task is rescheduled after the selected action is executed and the base date is changed. Only Repeat Until can be defined as repetition rule.
Top and Title Bar
The home button is now on the far right. In the title bar, you will find the breadcrumbs of the currently opened hierarchy. If you navigate in a widget, all other widgets of the same level are display as tabs.
When you navigate in the worklist, you go directly to the “To Do” list. If you click on "Worklist" in the breadcrumb, all widgets of the worklist are displayed.
Sending an E-Mail to Team Members
To simplify collaboration even further, e-mails can be sent directly from Teamrooms to the team. The “Send” > “Send E-Mail to Team Members” context menu command is available for Teamrooms and for objects assigned to Teamrooms. When using the context menu command on objects, they are added as links to the e-mail.
For the simple selection of recipients, they can be determined via their role in the Teamroom and filter criteria.
Automatically Upload E-Mails
You can connect a folder in Microsoft Outlook to Fabasoft Folio using the corresponding context menu command. Thereby, you can specify the storage location for the e-mails in Fabasoft Folio.
E-mails that are stored in the folder manually or via a client-side rule are imported into Fabasoft Folio and moved to the wastebasket in Microsoft Outlook.
- The e-mails must be stored directly in the folder and not in the subfolder with the connection information.
- Server-side Outlook rules are not supported.
Meta Data in Microsoft Excel
To have metadata available in a Microsoft Excel worksheet, the values of selected fields can be inserted on a separate worksheet. In this way, the values can be referenced in your own worksheets.
To do this, you can enable the option Use Fields in Microsoft Excel on the “Contents” tab. The “Define Fields” button allows you to define the available fields and the name of the worksheet on which the values of the fields are to be included.
- If a user was implicitly authorized via a team in a Teamroom, the Teamroom is displayed in the “Teamrooms Shared With Me” list.
- In search folders the “Empty Search Folder” action is available, which makes it possible to empty the search folder efficiently even with many entries.
- When dissolving a Teamroom, you can also dissolve all subordinate Teamrooms.
- When transferring Teamrooms, categories of objects are also considered if they exist in the source and target systems and can be identified by a unique import ID.
- For Teamrooms the new access protection “Extended by category” is provided:
The defined team can access the Teamroom and its contents. Access to individual objects can also be granted via the category.
Note: You can assign access rights on the “Permissions” tab of the category. When the category is assigned to an object, the defined permissions are considered.
- The “Open in New Window” context menu command opens a new web browser tab or window depending on the web browser settings. The UI elements of the web browser are not hided.
- When copying a data table, the objects contained in the list are linked. This makes it easy to navigate to the objects.
The tree view does not show hided widgets on home. When navigating in a widget initially only the corresponding widget is displayed expanded.
In aggregate list line numbers are shown.
Accessibility has been improved in many aspects (WAI ARIA tags, display).
PDF annotations can be found using the search function.
Metadata (e.g. the subject) of e-mails (MSG) in encrypted Teamrooms can be extracted at the client and thus stored in the object.
A faster synchronization start-up has been realized by reducing the necessary checks.
- The State field of a public link shows the state. Public links can be deactivated, valid or expired. If the issuer's rights in the Teamroom have been revoked, access to the public link is no longer possible. When revoking the rights, a corresponding warning is shown.
In user-defined forms language, system language and country can be selected as allowed standard objects of object properties.
- If the Category for Generic Registration With Form is defined for a form, only the user-defined form is displayed without default tabs during registration.
- Expressions can be executed as background tasks. Only available if the user is allowed to create user-defined forms.
- Settings regarding retention can be made directly in the properties of a user-defined form. The “Retention” tab of categories has also been revised.
- When editing the properties of several Teamrooms together, you can also define the permissions on the “Security” tab. This allows you to efficiently adjust the access rights of many Teamrooms.
- When widgets are hidden in the home area, they are also hidden in the tree view.
- In the options dialog of the Fabasoft Folio Client you can use the “Reset” button to delete all local account settings (including the Folio Folder).
If you click “fully reset” in the following dialog, you can reset all accounts and directories without checking for local changes. Local changes will be lost.
- An opened property editor can be moved to a new window via the “Open in New Window” button. This allows you to continue working in the previously hidden background.
- In the case of videos, the second at which the preview image is generated can be specified on the “Content” tab in the Generate Thumbnail at Second field.
- If you change the context (domain and user account) in Microsoft Office, the context is also changed in the Fabasoft Folio Client and vice versa.
- The With Read Access Visible to All Members field of a Teamroom defines whether all team members of the team are allowed to see the members with read access. If the setting is disabled, the team members with read access are only visible for members with "Full Control". Note that disabling this setting also restricts other use cases:
- Only team members with “Full Control” have access to the “Team” action and can start processes.
- Events can generally be deactivated for team members who are not allowed to see the team. Otherwise, only events will be displayed that do not allow conclusions to be drawn about team members with read access.
- Team members with read access cannot use annotations, signatures, processes or comment on news feeds.
- Team members with read access cannot be selected as participants in processes.
- Team members with read access cannot create public links.
- Fabasoft Folio Conversion Service
To ensure optimal stability, the reuse of third-party tool instances has been deactivated by default. Therefore, no applications are cached after they have been used in conversion operations. To speed up the conversion significantly the Restart after (Calls) value has to be increased. The Tools Host invokes the specified test function to determine if the application is still alive and responding. The Restart after (Calls) and Maximum life time (in seconds) fields are maximum thresholds for application usage. This helps to avoid known memory leaks and stability problems.
- After updating Fabasoft Folio with a version lower than 2020 to version 2020 or higher, the ACLs must be migrated.
To update every old ACL reference to their corresponding new ACL the action COOSYSTEM@1.1:UpgradeACLs can be used. This action optionally takes one parameter which specifies the amount of threads and another two optional parameters to manually specify the old ACL and the new ACL. By default, one thread is used. One thread acts on one COO Service at a time. Threads are only used for updating the references in COOSYSTEM@1.1:objaclobj. All other attributes are updated after successfully updating all references in COOSYSTEM@1.1:objaclobj. If some objects cannot be updated due to a lock, the update on these objects is retried once.
- #TV.TV_LOGFILE = "./upgradeacls.log";
- #TV.TV_LOGFILE = "./upgradeacls.log";
coodomain.UpgradeACLs(, oldacl, replacementacl);
- #TV.TV_LOGFILE = "./upgradeacls.log";
coodomain.UpgradeACLs(, [oldacl1, oldacl2], [replacementacl1, replacementacl2]);
Following third-party products are no longer supported:
- Microsoft Office 2013 SP1
- Microsoft Project 2013 SP1
- Microsoft Visio 2013 SP1