Fabasoft Folio Client
The Fabasoft Folio Client offers following new possibilities.
By clicking on the notification icon of the Fabasoft Folio Client the list of recently used documents is opened.
If you work with multiple installations, you can switch between them via the header. By clicking on the question mark, the support dialog is opened. Via the gear icon you can access the options.
In the footer, you can initially start synchronizing or the current state of the synchronization is shown. By clicking on the synchronization state, you can pause the synchronization.
- Document overview
The open, recently edited, renamed, downloaded or uploaded documents are displayed chronologically. If an error occurs when synchronizing, the affected file is shown with a red background.
Via the context menu of the respective document you can
- view the document in the Windows Explorer (if it is synchronized),
- view the document in the Fabasoft Folio Web Client or
- copy a link to the document into the clipboard.
Fabasoft Folio Client on Ubuntu
The Fabasoft Folio Client is now also available on Ubuntu. Like on other operating systems you can now conveniently make settings via the notification symbol and display the recently used documents.
The Fabasoft Folio Client can be fully operated using the keyboard. To get in the document overview of recently used documents, focus the notification icon and press the spacebar. Tab and arrow keys are used for navigation. The context menu for the individual entries can be opened via the menu key.
The synchronization of documents with the local file system provides following new possibilities:
- The bandwidth used for synchronizing can be restricted in the options dialog of the Fabasoft Folio Client.
- If a folder contains unsynchronized documents and you execute the “Folio Folder” > “Remove Local Files” context menu command, an error will be displayed. When you execute the context menu command again, the unsynchronized documents are removed and a backup is stored in \Users\<user>\Documents\My Recovered Documents.
- If you want to cancel the download of a too large file, you can execute the “Folio Folder” > “Remove Local Files” context menu command on the parent folder.
- On Apple macOS, it is possible to tag files. When using the Fabasoft Folio Folder, these tags are now synchronized as well.
- When synchronizing documents and folders, shortcuts are considered. Each document shortcut is synchronized as complete file and changes are carried out at all locations. Additionally, the status display of the Fabasoft Folio Client has been extended.
Note: If you are still using the old synchronization, the Folio Folder must be recreated. When synchronizing the first time with the current version a corresponding note is displayed. The upgrade process deletes the existing Folio Folder along with all contents. Therefore, back up any unsynchronized files before confirming the upgrade.
By default, synchronization is carried out with Fabasoft Folio. Alternatively, you can also enable LAN synchronization.
When data in Fabasoft Folio has changed, all Folio Folders in the local network are contacted first, whether the changed data is already available locally. If this is the case, the data is synchronized over the LAN and not over the Folio installation. Security is ensured in both cases by encryption.
To be able to use the LAN synchronization, you have to enable it:
- Open the context menu of the Fabasoft Folio notification icon and click "Options".
- On the “Bandwidth” tab, enable the LAN Synchronization.
- LAN synchronization should only be used in trusted networks.
- Under Microsoft Windows ensure that the network type is either “Domain Network” or “Private Network” (Network and Sharing Center). Otherwise you cannot enable the LAN synchronization.
- Under macOS you can activate the LAN synchronization for the current network.
- The clients must be connected to both, the LAN (same subnetwork) and Fabasoft Folio.
- The communication uses the TCP port 17096 and the IP multicast address 188.8.131.52 or ff02::1 (local subnetwork). If necessary, appropriate settings must be made in the firewall. If you are encountering problems with LAN synchronization, please contact your network administrator with this information.
Administration of the Fabasoft Folio Client
As a Windows administrator, you can centrally define the Fabasoft Folio Client options for your users. For this purpose, a corresponding registry value can be defined for each setting in the options dialog.
Further information can be found in the white paper “Fabasoft Folio Client”.
The Fabasoft Folio Client offers additionally the following new possibilities:
- E-mails can be stored directly from IBM Notes via drag-and-drop in Fabasoft Folio. Alternatively, the “Actions” > “Upload E-Mail (Fabasoft Folio)” menu command can be used.
- The Fabasoft Folio Client for Apple macOS additionally offers the “Open Folio Calendar” context menu command. The command makes it very easy to connect to the Folio calendar without manual configuration effort.
- Archives in 7z format can be opened directly from Fabasoft Folio with the third-party product 7-Zip. The table of contents of the archive is available as a preview analogous to the ZIP format.
- Documents can be copied and pasted directly from a Folio or Private Cloud installation into Fabasoft Folio.