Fabasoft App for iOS
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft App for iOS.
- General minor improvements.
- The functionality of the app is greatly enhanced by dynamic server-provided functions and actions. Depending on the server configuration settings some of the default functions and actions may be disabled or replaced by server-provided functions. Fabasoft Folio 2022 and an appropriate configuration is required.
- If you have set “Start with” in your “Basic Settings” via the web browser client, the selected element is displayed when you open the app.
- You can now import or export documents from/to Fabasoft Folio/Fabasoft eGov-Suite directly within third-party apps (like Pages or Keynote) that support the „Document Provider“ interface.
- In addition to the existing „Open in Fabasoft“ function, you can now save files from other apps in Fabasoft Folio/Fabasoft eGov-Suite by using the „Share“ button and selecting „Fabasoft“ or „Save to Fabasoft“.
- The navigation menu can no longer be opened by swiping from the far left to the right. The swipe gesture from far left to the right is now used to navigate back.
- Small improvements of existing features.
- Provide texts from server with device language instead of configured user language for consistent display.
- The worklist lists, like “To Do”, “Last Finished”, “Concerned Object”, etc. are now displayed as tabs instead of separate lists.
- Groups in worklist lists can now be collapsed and expanded by tapping the group header.
- A confirmation dialog is shown when removing all trusted LAN synchronization networks.
- The button to open the navigation menu is now available on all directory levels.
- The navigation menu entry “Fabasoft”/”Folio”/”eGov” has been changed to “Home”.
- An upload progress dialog is now shown after an upload has been started.
- Improved search features:
- You can now access the search via the navigation menu or by clicking on the search widget on the home screen.
- The (estimated) number of search results are now shown above the search result list.
- Default search criterions are now shown directly when open the search without starting an actual search.
- Support for custom search filters per search criterion.
- Support for “Upload” action for documents, which allows to upload and replace file contents.
- Support for workflow application mapping “UploadFiles”:
- Allows to upload and replace file contents by using the work item “Upload”, if the application mapping has been configured appropriately.
- Extend displayed data in worklist lists to show useful data at a glance.
- Show property “Hint” of an activity when adding a remark.
- Allow “Comments” to be added to objects of type “Image”.
- The app logo of the navigation menu can now be used to navigate to the app home area.
- The logo of the action panel can now be used to navigate to the app home area.
- “Worklist” is no longer hidden from the app home area.
- Use this entry to navigate from the home area to the worklist area, just like using the navigation menu.
- “Favorites” is no longer hidden from the app home area.
- Use this entry to navigate from the home area to the favorites area, just like using the navigation menu.
- The following dialogs have been revised:
- Create Teamroom
- Create Folder
- Authorize Team
- Support for workflow application mapping “UploadFiles”:
- Allows to upload files by using the work item “Upload”, if the application mapping has been configured appropriately.
- The functionality of the workflow work items has been significantly extended. You can now execute almost all work items as in the web browser client. Fabasoft Folio 2021 and an appropriate configuration is required.
- The restrictions for creating a Teamroom have been relaxed.
- Support for the new iOS photo picker on iOS 14, which improves the privacy for the user.
- New icon for “Delete” action.
- The preview of supported audio files shows the artwork if available.
- Support for copying selected text in PDF viewer.
- Support for the Basic setting “Preferred Type for Comments”:
- The app setting for the preferred type has been removed.
- The mobile device management setting for the preferred type has been removed.
- Support for the Teamroom setting “Users with Read Access Are Allowed to Comment Publicly”.
- Support for the Teamroom settings “Allowed Types for Comments” and “Preferred Type for Comments”.
- The app home area only shows the selected home widgets.
- Improvements to the comment feature, reducing the amount of transferred data. Commenting is only supported with Fabasoft Folio 2021.
- Opening workflow activities via hyperlink will automatically navigate to the corresponding list (“To Do”, “Last Finished”, “Concerned Objects”, …). This enables the app to navigate to the next activity once the current one is finished.
- The button for editing text files has been moved from the navigation bar to the action panel.
- If a document exceeds the maximum allowed file size, the upload will not be started.
- Support for the configuration “Synchronizable on Device”.
- Navigation menu entry “Activities” is now called “Data Transfers” to avoid confusion with workflow activities.
- Combined the apps “eGov-Suite” and “Fabasoft Folio” into a single app “Fabasoft”.
- Some icons, logos and texts will automatically adjust after login, depending on the backend configuration.
- This release includes the new Fabasoft app for the Apple Watch, which allows you to access your worklist on the Apple Watch.
To establish a connection you have to activate it in the Fabasoft App Settings on your iPhone. There you can select the domain you want to connect. If you connect multiple domains the worklist shows all entries cumulative.
You can also open an activity on your iPhone to perform additional actions.
Force Touch allows you to refresh the worklist.
- New search interface with advanced filter mechanisms (e.g. search area, date, object type or Teamroom) and facet selection. Save common search queries and load them again.
- New button to retry biometric authentication when unlocking the app.
- New settings for mobile device management (especially for disabling the app code feature). For more information about the available settings refer to https://help.folio.fabasoft.com/index.php?topic=doc/Mobile-Device-Management/apple-ios.htm.
- Stay permanently logged in now. The device is bound to your user account using cryptographic methods.
- LAN synchronization enables you to load documents directly from other devices in the same network. Enable that feature and mark your network as secure.